Thursday 29 September 2011

Zalando Fashion Frenzy



For my Zalando competition entry I decided to chose one garment that I really loved and style it in two different ways (one for day and one for night) using only products sold at Zalando …… of course this wasn’t a problem with the shop having so much variety and so many brands.

I decided to base my outfits around this really cute little checked mini skirt:
Only Planet, Smock Skirt. I chose this, as checks are big this A/W and this being quite a light colour means it will take to all the way to S/S as well.

For the day look a paired the skirt with:

With this look, I went with the Mulberry look of A/W 2011, its was a kind of English heritage feel, with checks, duffle coats, hats and chunky shoes.

For the night look I needed to make this skirt more glamorous. I paired it with :
lipstick Library liquid lips           

This look is quite different from the day look, I chose a fitted top, instead of a jumper and heeled brogues rather than tough boots. I also had to have the fur shawl, as I loved the fur collars at Gucci A/W 2011, I really think it adds a different dimension to the outfit. The gold clutch is another must with metallic fabrics popping up on many catwalks.

I drew the little sketches to help me picture the outfits as one. I have been sketching like this for as long as I remember , always with long skinny legs and massive feet. I also picked up tips on how to do their faces from a girl who did my sketch at the Britain’s Next Top Model event, sadly I didn’t find out her name, but thank you. I always feel the need to add more detail and you just don't need it !

I hope you liked my entry :) Wish me luck. 

Ashley x

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Good luck!!!



    http://placequotehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sketches came out beautifully, I love it!

    http://modernbeauty21.blogspot.com/

    J.Choudhury x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning!
    Bet you'll have a lot of fun choosing your items each month!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on wining you deserves victory..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments